XMU Scholarships for International Students
Application Guidelines for 2019 Xiamen University Scholarships
(For New International Students)
In 2006, XMU set up its own scholarships for international students studying in degree programs. Scholarship awardees will have their tuition fees covered. Moreover, monthly living allowances will be provided to outstanding postgraduates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2019):
(1) Bachelor’s degree programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
(2) Master’s degree programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
(3) Doctoral degree programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
III. Academic Programs
- Chinese-medium degree programs.
Please refer to the Academic Programs section at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
- English-medium degree programs.
Please refer to the Programs in English section at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
- Duration of Scholarships
- Bachelor’s degree programs: 4 or 5 years;
- Master’s degree programs: 2 or 3 years;
- Doctoral degree programs: 4 years.
Note: Scholarships recipients’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
- Scholarships Quota
- Bachelor’s degree programs: 5;
- Master’s degree programs: 11;
- Doctoral degree programs: 8.
- Scholarships Details
|Program Category||Scholarship Category||Scholarship Coverage||Quota|
|Bachelor’s Program||Second-class||Tuition fee only.||5|
|Master’s Program||First-class||1. Tuition fee;
2. Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month)
|Second-class||Tuition fee only.||8|
|Doctoral Program||First-class||1. Tuition fee;
2. Living allowance (RMB 3,500/month)
|Second-class||Tuition fee only.||5|
VII. Application Period: February 1 to April 30, 2019.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application guidelines for bachelor’s degree programs:
Application guidelines for master’s degree programs:
Application guidelines for doctoral degree programs:
Applicants are required to apply online at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Xiamen University Scholarships (click to download). The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
(2) Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
- Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the university authorities for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in mid-July. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email. Admission Notices and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW202) will be sent out afterwards.
- Contact Information
Admissions Office of Xiamen University
Add.: 422 South Siming Road, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: +86 (0) 592 2180256
Email: [email protected]