Can You Get Refund For Delayed Flight?
If your flight is cancelled/delayed or you are denied boarding then as per Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), you can get compensation up to 20,000 INR for an Indian Flight or up to $700 or €600 if the flight carrier falls under EU regulations.
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), India rules
- If you are being informed more than two weeks before the departure date, you can get a full refund, or can settle for an alternate flight.
- If you are being informed of a cancellation within two weeks, but more than 24 hours before scheduled departure, an alternate flight has to be arranged within 2 hours of the original flight.
- If the airline fails to inform you about the cancelled flights more than 24 hours earlier, here is the compensation you can claim:
- Entire cost of the ticket will be refunded, along with Rs 5,000 or booked one-way fare as compensation, whichever is less – if the flight total duration (block time) is one hour.
- Entire cost of the ticket and Rs 7,500, or booked one-way fare if the flight duration is under 2 hours.
- The entire cost of the ticket and Rs 10,000, or booked one-way fare, whichever is less if the flight duration is more than 2 hours long.
- less than 24 hours – entitled to get meals and refreshments at the airport
- more than 24 hours – hotel accommodation with transfers
- However, if the passenger has a connecting flight and he or she misses that flight because of delays on the first flight, the airline operating the first flight is liable to pay compensation to the passenger in line with flight cancellation rules, provided the passenger arrives at their final destination more than three hours later than the scheduled arrival.
- If an alternate flight has been arranged by the airline, which is scheduled to depart within 24 hours of the original flight, you can claim an amount equal to 200 percent of the basic fare, and fuel surcharge up to a maximum of Rs 10,000 per passenger.
- If the alternate flight departs more than 24 hours after the original flight, you can claim 400 percent of the basic fare, plus fuel surcharge up to a maximum of Rs 20,000.
- If the passenger does not take the alternate flight, a full refund of the ticket value, plus compensation equal to 400 percent of the booked fare and fuel surcharge up to a maximum of Rs 20,000 per passenger.
Can You Get Refund For Delayed Flight? – You know the answer now
More useful information
Keywords: dgca flight delay compensation, flight delay compensation india 2019, how to claim flight delay compensation india, flight delay compensation india 2018, flight delay compensation air india, flight delay rules india 2019, indigo flight delay compensation flight, delay compensation india spicejet