A budget trip to Thailand under 15,000 INR
Thailand is on the list of top 10 most touristic countries in the world. It has attracted almost 4 times more tourist than India in 2018. Tourists like to visit Thailand because of its tourist-friendly cities, beautiful beaches, affordable food and living, renowned nightlife and friendly people.
The best things about traveling to Thailand now is that it has become more easy and cheaper thanks to the step taken by the Thai Government to give free Visa on Arrival till October 31, 2019. Earlier there was a 2000 Baht fee for the visa.
If you seek value for money, then travel in low season (May to October), book your flights and accommodation early. MakeMyTrip sometimes offer affordable prices for hotel.
If you are on a budget trip then try to avoid excessive expenses on drinks and nightlife which can be very tempting.
You can easily get around Thailand for 1000 Baht or 2000 INR per day budget but if you are seeking bit luxury then you will have to spend a bit more.
The Grand Palace was my costliest expense in sightseeing (500 Baht) for the entire trip but I would highly recommend it as it is the topmost visiting places in Bangkok.
Tour expenses - 4 days
Where to Stay in Bangkok, Pattaya
Budget Hostels in Bangkok
- Cha Cha La 99 Hostel - (9.4/10) - Check rates and reviews on - Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
- Loftel 22 Hostel - (8.4/10) - Check rates and reviews on - Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
- Au Bon Hostel- (8.2/10) - Check rates and reviews on - Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
Budget Hostels in Pattaya
- JN9 Poshtel (9.2/10) - Check rates and reviews on - Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
- Z by Zing (7.9/10) - Check rates and reviews on - Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
Mid Range Hotels in Bangkok
- Centre Point Silom Hotel - (8.4/10) - Check rates and reviews on Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
- Narai Hotel - (8.0/10) - Check rates and reviews on Booking.com - MakeMyTrip
Mid Range Hotels in Pattaya
Day wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok
Places to cover
- The Grand Palace, Na Phra Lan Rd
- Wat Pho (Reclining Budha Statue)
- Wat Arun Ratchawararam (Temple of Dawn)
- Khao San road Night Market
Day 2: Explore more of Bangkok City
Places to cover
- Floating market
- Lumpini Park
Day 3: Bangkok to Pattaya
You can take a bus or minivan from Bangkok to reach Pattaya. The journey is around 3 hours and costs 150-200 Thai Baht
Places to Cover
- Art in Paradise
- Ramayana Water Park
- Tiffany Cabaret Show
Day 4: Exploring Pattaya
- The Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)
- Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden
- Khao Chi Chan Buddha Mountain
- Party at Walking Street
Tips and Recommendations
- I would strongly recommend having a good backpack. This 40L Quechua backpack is light and comfy with thick padding and it perfectly fits in an airplane’s overhead bin.
- It has 5 outer 1 inner 1 water compartment 2 waist pockets and comes with 10-year warranty
- The best thing is that it has Built-in protective rain cover.
Recommended App and Booking Sites
Hotel Booking Sites: I first look for a decently located hostel or hotel in booking.com which has 8+ rating and 50+ review and then check its price in MakeMyTrip and book accordingly. I do find some hotel prices are very high in booking.com and comparatively low at MMT. Hotelscombined also gives a decent deal from time to time.
Volunteering: If you want to stay longer in Thailand then you can take part in volunteering activities such as English teaching, Children projects, Elephant camps, Medical and Multimedia internship. Try this Friend For Asia, Open mind project, Go overseas.