Wellcome International Training Fellowship
International Training Fellowship scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at postgraduate or postdoctoral level.
Join your social media group to get frequent updates on Scholarships
Details of the Fellowship
Preliminary application deadline : 21 November 2019, 17:00 GMT
Full application deadline : 4 February 2020, 17:00 GMT
Interviews : 23–24 June 2020
Career stage: Tooltip , Postgraduate training ,Tooltip , Postdoctoral research
Where your host organisation is based: Tooltip , Low- or middle-income countries (apart from India)
Type of researcher: Tooltip , Basic ,Clinical,Public health
Level of funding: Usually £150,00 to £300,000 for salary, fees and research expenses
Duration of funding: 3 years
Who can apply
You can apply for an International Training Fellowship if:
- you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country.
You must want to undertake a guided period of research so that you can consolidate your existing experience and explore new areas of research.
- have a PhD and be an early-career researcher
- have a degree in a relevant subject and some initial research experience
- be a clinically qualified doctor (and be qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinical psychologist, and have some initial research experience.
How to Apply
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
You may be interested in
Keywords: Masters, PhD, Postdoc, Training Fellowship, Training Grant, wellcome trust fellowships, wellcome trust funding, wellcome trust phd funding, wellcome training fellowship,