Step by Step Guide to apply for Vietnam Visa
You will see that Vietnam Visa is one the easiest visa to apply for. The whole process will take less than 5 minutes and you get the visa approval letter in 2 working days.
Now Visa Approval letter is a letter from a travel agent which you can show when you board the flight and once you reach Vietnam, show it to the Immigration Officer along with
- Filled entry-and-exit form (you get this along with Visa Approval Letter)
- 2 passport sized photos 4x6cm
- Stamping fee ($25 for single entry; $50 for multiple entry visa)
The Visa Approval Letter usually cost $12 and the visa fee is $25 per person. So you will have to pay $37 per person.
How to apply for Visa Approval Letter
For the application, you will require
- Flight tickets (to fill the arrival and departure airport and dates, you do not need to upload)
- Passport (to fill information, no need to upload)
- Your email id
- Your phone number
Visit – Vietnam Visa Application
You can visit the website and click to Apply Visa.
Step 1: Fill out the online application form
Number of Persons – It is between 1-15 in a single form
Type of Visa – You can select from
- 1 month single – Your trip doesn’t include traveling out of Vietnam and coming again
- 1 month multiple – You are traveling out of Vietnam and coming again to Vietnam in
- 3 month single – You want to stay in Vietnam longer
- 3 month multiple – You want to go out and come in Vietnam times and again
- 6 month multiple – Longer travel plans
- 1 year multiple – Longer travel plans
Purpose of Entry – Select if you are traveler or coming there for business purpose
- For Tourist
- For Business Purpose
Entry Date – Your first entry date based on your tickets
Exit Date – Your final exit date when you are flying out of Vietnam
Arrival Airport – Select from the list
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khahn Hoa)
Processing Time – Select Normal if you have 2 or more days, it’s cheaper
Private or Confidential Letter – Prefer not to select
Full Package Service – Do not select unless you really want things to happen quickly at the immigration
Upon Arrival Services – You can select Airport car pick-up. In 25 USD, they will pick you up (and your max 3 companions if any) and drop you at your hotel.
Step 2: Log in or Sign up
Step 3: Fill in your Name, passport detail, contact no etc.
Try to give an alternate phone number and email ids in case they are not able to reach you
Step 4: Review your application and make payment
- Make sure everything is correct
- Check the amount and make sure to remove any unnecessary add on you didn’t opt for
- Don’t worry about the strip, gate2shop, onepay – You can select any for your credit card
Vietnam Visa Fee
There are two components.
VIETNAM VISA SERVICE FEE: Is the fee that the applicants have to pay for us in order to process the visa approval letter for applicants to get Vietnam visa stamp at the airports in Vietnam.
VISA STAMPING FEE: Is the fee that the applicants must pay in cash at the landing visa counter at the arrival airport.
This is for India – you can check for other countries here. Vietnam Visa Online. It is mostly the same.
Vietnam Visa Extension
When you start traveling to Vietnam, you will realize that 30 days are not enough to cover this huge country. If you need to extend your visa then you shall start the process few days before the expiry date of your old visa. It usually takes around 7 working days.
There are two options. You can either (a) extend your visa or (b) renew your visa.
Let me tell you in detail what the difference between visa extension and visa renewal.
Visa Extension: Suppose you took a Vietnam Visa for 30 days on September 1. So your visa will expire on September 30. If you want to stay for few more days then apply for a visa extension around September 20. In around 7 days, you will have your visa extended for the mentioned days. You will not be allowed to go out and come back to Vietnam during that time.
In order to apply visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department.
Your current visa type has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- Stay in 1 more month: If your current visa is 1 month single, 1 month multiple, 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you are allowed apply to extend visa in 1 more month.
- Stay in 3 more months: If your current visa is 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you can apply to extend visa in 3 more months
Visa Renewal: It means that you are getting a fresh new visa sticker on your passport. Visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because visa renewal fee include the stamping fee and visa sticker fee. Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
– Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
– Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entry.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.
How to Apply for Visa Renewal or Visa Extension
1. Visit – Vietnam Visa Application
You can visit the website and click to Extra Services Visa.
2. Scroll down to “VIETNAM VISA EXTENSION AND RENEWAL”
3. Attach necessary documents and send to them
- Passport scan (file attached)
- Current visa scan (file attached)
- Immigration stamp (file attached)
- Latest date of entry
- Your current address in Vietnam
The visa extension fee is around US$60 – US$155, depending on your nationality.
If you want to escape the high visa extension or renewal fee, then you can also try “Visa Run to the Border“. In this case, you can take a bus (HCM to Cambodia bus at $8) or a cheap flight to neighbouring country, apply for e-visa or visa on arrival and then come back to Vietnam.
Keywords: Hanoi Visa on Arrival, Hanoi Visa on Arrival for Indians, Ho Chi Minh City Visa on Arrival, Vietnam Visa for Indians