About the Fellowship
Sahapedia Fellowships are offered by Ministry of Culture, Government of India. It is given to students having postgraduate degree who like to conduct documentation and research in diverse areas of cultural knowledge and practices. Research and documentation carried out by the fellows will be published on the Sahapedia web portal. It is available in different languages such as – English, Hindi, Bangla,
Tamil and Malayalam.
How to Apply
Log in to the website
1. Upload your Resume
2. Upload a proposal of approximately 1000 words, along with an abstract of about 250 words. The proposal should indicate scope of work, including selection of deliverables, methodology, timeframe and familiarity with existing literature/work on the subject. The proposal should be relevant to Sahapedia’s field of work.
3. Writing sample, a previously written essay or research paper of at least 1500 words, or a URL link of a 5-10 minutes long video clip indicating the candidates’ skills in filmmaking/videography (for documentation); or both, depending on the selection of deliverables.
4. Bibliography list of existing literature or work on the topic. No more than 15 items/titles are expected.
5. Fill in other details and submit the application
Duration of the Fellowship
The fellowship has to be completed between 1 September 2019 and 15 March 2020. Failure to complete the fellowship within the stipulated timeframe will result in the cancellation of that fellowship. Candidates are advised to refer to the timeline outlined in Annexure III.
Selected candidates will be granted an award of ₹44,445. Applicable Income Tax will be deducted at source as per the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Thus, the award will amount to ₹40,000, which will be released in three installments, based on the completion of specific deliverables. The procedure for disbursements will be shared upon signing the agreement. Fellows working in regional languages will receive an additional payment of up to ₹10,000 for translation (after submission of the invoice for translation work).
- Start of the Application- 20 May 2019
- Application close date – 30 June 2019
- Announcement of Results- 12 August 2019
Candidates are advised to refer to the following annexures for further information: