Last updated on October 26th, 2019 at 06:53 pm
Imperial College London Scholarship- Dept of Chemical Engineering
The Department of Chemical Engineering has up to 10 fully-funded scholarships available for outstanding PhD applicants each year. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, you are expected to have obtained (or be heading for) a First Class Honours degree at Master’s level (or equivalent) in chemical engineering, another branch of engineering or a related science.
Join our social media group to get frequent updates on Scholarships
The standard period of the scholarship is 42 months. The scholarships are open to all applicants regardless of their fee status, and cover both tuition fees and an annual tax-free contribution to maintenance costs of £16,553.
In order to be considered for the Chemical PhD Scholarships, you will need to submit an application for admission through the online admissions system. The Progamme is Chemical Engineering Research – Full Time. Your application form must include:
- Full transcripts of your university studies to date
- A personal statement to support your application, which should outline your research interest and experience
- A copy of your English Language certificate (if applicable – the language requirement can be found here: where there are 2 levels we require the higher level)
- The contact details of 2 referees, at least one of whom must be an academic referee (for example your project supervisor or personal tutor). You will be asked to give the e-mail addresses of the referees, which will trigger reference requests directly to the referees. Please do not upload reference letters, as the references must come directly from the referees. References are confidential between the referee and the College. Please note that the e-mail addresses must be personal institutional addresses (university or company e-mail addresses) rather than webmail addresses, as these are not acceptable.
The scholarships are very competitive and you should demonstrate an outstanding academic record and research skills. Applications will be considered by an academic selection panel, which meets twice a year. The application timeline is as follows:
Round 1: (Imperial College London Scholarship-)
- Application deadline: 31 October for entry in October of the following year
- The shortlisting panel will meet in late November and interviews will be held in late November or early December
- Successful candidates will be sent a list of available projects and supervisors within a week of the last interview and we will endeavour to allocate projects by the end of December
Round 2: (Imperial College London Scholarship-)
- Application deadline: 30 April for entry in October of the same year
- The shortlisting panel will meet in late May and interviews will be held in late May or early June
- Successful candidates will be sent a list of available projects and supervisors within a week of the last interview and we will endeavour to allocate projects by the end of June