QUSTEC PhD Program
Join our facebook group to get more scholarship updates – Scholarships & Fellowships – Bachelors, Masters, PhD and Postdoc
If you want to get updates on WhatsApp – Join here https://chat.whatsapp.com/FCFXcNjqk3II8oM56yqCJE
QUSTEC is a doctoral training programme set up by the European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC) Eucor – The European Campus. The programme offers 39 early stage researcher (ESR) positions and outstanding training opportunities within the field of Quantum Science and Technology, in a highly international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral setting. The ESR positions each last 48 months and culminate in the award of a doctoral degree.
QUSTEC selection and evaluation procedure follows open, transparent, merit-based principles and is built on international peer review. For further details, see the evaluation process.
The doctoral research will be carried out at one of the following institutions:
- University of Basel, Switzerland
- University of Freiburg, Germany
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- University of Strasbourg, France
- IBM Research – Zurich, Switzerland
QUSTEC aims to address some of the grand challenges in Quantum Science today: The principles of quantum mechanics, which govern physics, chemistry, material science and computing at the atomic scale have already led to a wave of new technologies. In new applications, quantum technologies provide a massive leap that can be a decisive factor for many European industries and markets in the 21st century.
PhD training programme
For each doctoral researcher, QUSTEC will implement a 3-tiered training structure, building on the seven principles for innovative doctoral training. This training is focused on maximizing each ESR’s employability after their training, enabling them to become future research leaders. QUSTEC training is overseen and monitored by an individualised training panel consisting of supervisor, co-supervisor and mentor. Each project includes a secondment to an industrial partner with a duration between 2 and 6 months. The training objectives will be carried out over the course of four years:
- Four transferable skills trainings (also as part of the respective graduate programmes)
- (At least) one high level publication and two other dissemination activities (such as conference contributions)
- Three outreach/public engagement/citizen science/science education activities (such as workshops in schools, press interviews, etc.)
QUSTEC has two eligibility criteria:
- Level of experience is ‘Early Stage Researcher’, according to the definition in the work programme of the 2018-2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions: Applicants must be, at the date of the respective call deadline of QUSTEC, in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility criterion: The applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the future host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline of QUSTEC. Short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. For refugees under the Geneva Convention, the refugee procedure (i.e. before refugee status is conferred) will not be counted as period of residence/activity in the country of the host organisation.
The QUSTEC programme manager will check the eligibility of submitted applications after the submission deadline.
There are no exceptions to these rules. The call deadline is August 19th 2019, 17.00 Brussels time.
The selection process will be carried out in two stages:
- A written application, counting for 60% of the ranking.
- An oral application (interview), counting for 40% of the ranking.
Only candidates having passed a combined threshold of 70% in the first phase will be invited to the interview stage. For further details on the selection criteria and process, please see the guide for applicants.
More PhD Vacancy
- 148 PhD Vacancy at CNRS France
- 80+ Funded PhD Vacancy in Switzerland
- 12 Research Vacancy at Ohio State University
- 35 PhD and Postdoc Vacancy at Calmers University
Tags : qustec application, eucor university, qustec programme manager, eucor campus européen