Last updated on November 20th, 2019 at 04:40 pm
Nelson Mandela University Scholarships
Nelson Mandela University (NMU), formerly known as University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), is a South African university with its main administration in the coastal city of Port Elizabeth. Nelson Mandela University was founded through a merger of three institutions in January 2005, but its history dates back to 1882, with the foundation of the Port Elizabeth Art School.
Nelson Mandela University offers various scholarships to support bachelors, masters and Ph.D. students through the below programs at Nelson Mandela University.
- ABE BAILEY TRAVEL BURSARY
- DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE (DAC)
- DORMEHL – CUNNINGHAM SCHOLARSHIP
- FIRST RAND LAURIE DIPPENAAR SCHOLARSHIP
- JOSHUA FULLARD RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
- MANDELA RHODES FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
- NELSON MANDELA UNIVERSITY POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (Honours)
- NELSON MANDELA UNIVERSITY POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (Masters & Doctoral)
- NATIONAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION (NRF) – HONOURS
- NATIONAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION (NRF) – Master’s, Doctoral
- SPORT SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP
- SOUTH AFRICAN RADIO ASTRONOMY OBSERVATORY – SARAO BURSARY (Honours)
- SOUTH AFRICAN RADIO ASTRONOMY OBSERVATORY – SARAO BURSARY (PhD and Msc/MEng)
- TATA AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and International students
- Bursaries/Scholarships administered by Nelson Mandela University are usually paid out in two installments – one per semester, following receipt of a satisfactory progress report.
- Before applying for an externally funded scholarship opportunity, make sure that you meet the minimum requirementsset by such an organization and attach the required documentation to the application letter/form.
- Candidates whose official language is not English language may be required to provide proof of the language ability. Candidates will need to confirm language requirements and other admission requirements at the school’s admission requirements page.