King’s Joint PhD Scholarship 2020-21
King’s Joint PhD Scholarship is open from 04-Feb-2020 until 30-Apr-2020.
- Open to residents of the following countries
- Students MUST:
- Be due to commence a full-time joint PhD programme run in collaboration between King’s College London and the University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore or the University of Sao Paulo during the 2020/21 academic year
- Have applied to King’s College London as the home institution
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as outlined in the guidance document attached below)
Please note that:
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October 2020
- Students currently enrolled on a joint PhD programme are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Applications for joint PhD programmes must be approved by both King’s College London and the partner university before a formal offer can be made. As such, the process may take longer than for a single PhD programme. Students are able to apply for the scholarship whilst their application is being considered in order to meet the set deadline.
- If final acceptance has not been received by both institutions by the scholarship deadline, students must have at least obtained approval from the relevant department/division within King’s College London along with provisional agreement from a supervisor within the partner university. Proof will be requested as part of the application process.
- Applicable subjects
Applications may be submitted
from 04-Feb-2020 until 30-Apr-2020
Information about the funding
The King’s Joint PhD Scholarship provides full tuition fees, stipend and an annual research grant. Three scholarships are available for the 2020/21 academic year for students applying to joint PhD programmes run in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore or the University of Sao Paulo, with King’s as their home institution.
Information about the application
Only students applying to one of the joint PhD programmes listed in the below guidance document (all full-time) will be eligible for the funding.
Value of award
Tuition fees, stipend and research grant
In order to be considered for an award, candidates must:
1) First, apply to King’s College London for a joint PhD programme run in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore or the University of Sao Paulo using the online admissions application (https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/) *
2) In the funding part of the admissions application form, tick the box at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) and enter the code 2021-JOINT (please copy and paste the code exactly).
All supporting information, including the Travel Plan form, references and confirmation of both supervisors must be provided by the funding closing date of 30 April 2020.
Please be aware that only those who have applied in time and who have followed the application procedure fully will be considered for the scholarships.
Further information, including a link to the Travel Plan form, can be found in the below guidance document.
For general queries about the scholarship scheme, please contact:
Centre for Doctoral Studies Support
Centre for Doctoral Studies
King’s College London
Tel: 020 7848 4568/3865
Centre for Doctoral Studies