Google PhD Fellowship
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science and related research areas.
The program directly supports graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
List of Google PhD recipients
In India and Africa, students may apply directly during the application period, which opens each February in India and Africa. Applications are open to students in Computer Science and related areas from any Indian or African university.
In Australia, China and East Asia students must be nominated by an eligible university. Nomination instructions are sent to eligible universities and submissions must be provided directly by an official representative of the university.
In the United States, Canada, and Europe, accredited PhD granting institutions in Computer Science or related fields may nominate eligible students during the application period.
For current PhD Students
- Applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early PhD students, i.e, should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD. Applicants for the 2020 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2020.
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2020, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST on Wednesday 15th April 2020.
More from the authors
- Download UGC NET Question Paper with Answer Keys (2010-2018)
- Scientific events without registration fee
- 10 most liked books from Amazon below 100 INR
- Travel grants for Indian researchers
- Google search tips to help in your research
Keywords: google phd fellowship 2019 recipients, google phd fellowship salary, google phd fellowship 2020, microsoft phd fellowship, phd fellowship 2019 in india, facebook phd fellowship, phd fellowship india, google fellowship 2020