DST – KSTePS PhD Fellowship (42 Fellowships Available)
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of Karnataka has initiated the “DST (Department of Science and Technology) Scholarship for Research Students of Ph.D. in Science and Engineering” programme through Karnataka Science and Technology Promotion Society (KSTePS), an autonomous organization of the Department. This program supports Ph.D. students working in different disciplines in basic science and engineering by providing monthly fellowships.
Join our social media group to get frequent updates on Scholarships
Applications are invited from research scholars who have already registered for Ph.D. in Science or Engineering at a recognized University/ Institution/ College in Karnataka.
- The candidates must have confirmed Ph.D. registration for Full Time under the Ph.D. programme of any UGC/AICTE recognized University/ Institution/ College in Karnataka. Also, students from Colleges/ Institutions which are affiliated to such recognized Universities in the State are eligible to apply. Candidates registered for Part Time Ph.D. are not considered.
- The candidates must have successfully completed the Ph.D. course work.
- The applicant should possess a Master degree or equivalent, such as Masters in Science, Masters in Engineering or Technology with at least 60%
- The upper age limit for applying for the fellowship is 35 years, relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Physically Handicapped/ Visually Handicapped and Females.
- The candidates who are currently availing fellowship under any schemes of the State or Central Government or other agencies/institutions, will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
FELLOWSHIP AMOUNT AND DURATION
The amount of the fellowship will be Rs. 20,000/- per month.
The fellowship will be initially for one year.
NUMBER OF FELLOWSHIPS
The total number of fellowships proposed for the current year is 42.
Selection for award of fellowship is made based on following criteria:
- First preference will be given to those, who have cleared NET/SLET/GATE.
- A weightage of 20% will be provided for clearing NET and GATE, whereas 10% will be provided for clearing SLET.
- Merit list will be prepared based on the score in the qualifying exams (such as M.Sc., M.Engg. or M.Tech.) including the weightage to NET/SLET/GATE.
- Minimum 30% fellowships (12 numbers) are reserved for female candidates.
- Merely fulfilling of eligibility criteria may not entitle a candidate for the selection under the program. Decision of KSTePS in matters of selection or for the award of Fellowships etc. shall be final and binding on the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
A hard copy of the application in the prescribed format (Annexure-I) and duly forwarded by the affiliating institution must be sent to The Managing Director, Karnataka Science and Technology Promotion Society (KSTePS), Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka, Vijnana Bhavana, 3rd Floor, # 24/2, Near B.D.A Complex, 21st Main Road, Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore-560070. Applications submitted through email are not considered.
16th November, 2019.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION
Filling the Application
- Application has to be submitted in the prescribed format (Annexure-I).
- It is mandatory to fill up column number 1-13 in BLOCK LETTERS only.
- The envelope containing application should be superscribed as “Application for the DST-Ph.D. Fellowship”.
- Please keep a copy of the filled form with you for future reference.
- Applications submitted through email and incomplete applications are not considered.
- Self-attested Matriculation Certificate and Post-Graduation mark sheets.
- Self-attested copy of Ph.D. Registration Certificate and Ph.D. course-work mark sheet/completion certificate.
- Self-attested certificate of disability issued by the competent authority, if necessary.
- Self-attested certificate of caste issued by the competent authority, if necessary.
- A brief CV of Applicant (Up to 2 Pages only).
- A brief CV of the Research Supervisor (Up to 4 Pages only).
Dr. Rohit Kumar H. G.
Scientist-SD | Program coordinator, DST-Ph.D. fellowship program
Karnataka Science and Technology Promotion Society (KSTePS)
Department of Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka
Vijnana Bhavana, 3rd Floor, # 24/2,
Near B.D.A Complex, 21st Main Road
Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore-560070
Tel: 080-26711166 | Mob: 9620496302 | Email: [email protected]
Keywords: DST, PhD, dst karnataka phd fellowship, ksteps phd fellowship 2019, ksteps phd fellowship, phd fellowship in karnataka, karnataka dst fellowship, karnataka science and technology scholarship