Last updated on October 26th, 2019 at 06:38 pm
Data61 PhD Scholarships – CSIRO Australia
Location: Various, AU
- Enhance your PhD studies with a Data61 PhD scholarship and join Australia’s premier research organisation for digital science and technology.
- Be supervised and mentored by leading data scientists and engineers with the opportunity to be embedded in Data61 research teams and groups.
- Our scholarship students are the next generation of data research leaders and go on to a diverse range of employment opportunities in industry, research and academia.
CSIRO’s Data61 is inviting applications for the Data61 PhD scholarship program. We’re looking for creative scholars, who can demonstrate research excellence and who want to work on novel and innovative research projects that have purpose and impact, and which are aligned to our research mission.
- Receive a PhD scholarship at the Research Training Program (RTP) base rate and/or Top-up of $10,000 per annum awarded for up to 3.5 years
- Enrol in a PhD at one of our participating universities
- Receive supervision and mentorship from researchers at Data61 and university supervisor/s
- Undertake in-depth PhD research on a topic aligned with Data61’s priority research areas
- Previous scholarship recipients work in industry, global tech companies and SMEs, universities and leading research institutes in Australia and overseas. Graduates complete the program with a lifelong connection to Data61 through our alumni network.
Research areas: For details of research areas please see research areas (link)
Location: Candidates may be located at a Data61 site and/or at their university.
Please see the detailed information on our website for full details.
International applicants must have the appropriate immigration approvals to allow them to take up the scholarship.
Before you commence your online application:
- Read and follow the detailed information on our website on how to prepare application documents for our scholarship program. Applicants who do not follow the information on preparing application documents may find their application is not able to be considered.
- Have your application documents ready, including Data61 supervisor support.
In the online application you will be required to submit your application be in the following order:
- In the Resume/CV field attach your Cover Letter, Resume/CV and Research Proposal as one document.
- In the ‘Cover Letter’ field attach your Academic Transcripts, Proof of Contact with Supervisors plus any Additional Documents as one document.
- In the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list.
Applications must be supported by two referee reports using the Data61 referee report template. These should be completed and sent from the referee to email@example.com within one week of the application closing date.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Tuesday 31 October 2019 (11.59pm AEDT)