Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries.
Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
Keep in touch so you don’t miss out the dates for an important scholarships
They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines”.
Duration of the funding
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Keywords : daad scholarship 2020/2021, daad scholarship 2020 deadline, daad scholarship 2020/2021 pdf, daad scholarship application, daad scholarship 2020/21 deadline, daad scholarship 2020 for masters