Action Canada Fellowship 2020
The application process for the Action Canada Fellowship is now open and will help identify the next cohort of Action Canada Fellows for 2020/2021. The process is designed to highlight the strengths and areas of improvement of the applicants as the newest cohort is selected.
The study tours for 2020/2021 will take place:
- Friday, July 3 to Monday, July 6, 2020
- Sunday, Aug. 30 to Friday, Sept. 4, 2020
- Thursday, Nov. 5 to Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020
- Thursday, Jan. 7 to Sunday, Jan. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, March 9 to Friday, March 12, 2021
Selected Fellows must attend the entirety of each study tour.
For an application to be considered, it has to be completed by the deadline of March 20, 2020 at 4 p.m. PDT.
The application includes the following elements:
- Basic information about yourself (i.e. address, DOB)
- A curriculum vitae form (short bio, professional and education experience, community engagement, recognitions, etc.)
- Two reference letters that demonstrate how you satisfy the selection criteria
- A letter of motivation that should address some of the following questions:
- What do you hope to achieve by participating in the Action Canada Fellowship?
- Your aspirations and plans for your future career and life;
- Your leadership skills and experiences as well as areas of need for development and improvement;
- The importance of civic engagement to you, and desire to make a contribution to Canada;
- Your ability to transform ideas into action;
- Your ability to respect and understand new and different perspectives in addressing public policy issues.
The application process is made up of three steps and all candidates will be informed of whether they have passed to the next round of the process or not:
- The application process for the Action Canada Fellowship of 2020/21 is open until March 20, 2020. Once the application process closes, the selection committee will evaluate the completed applications based on the selection criteria.
- The selection committee will invite the applicants who were selected for phase two to submit a two-page writing exercise on a public policy topic to be completed by April 17, 2020.
- Applicants who were selected for phase three will be invited to a 30-minute online interview the week of May 4-10 before the interview with the National Selection Committee on May 22 and 23.
The Committee will then recommend a final list of names to the presidents of the Public Policy Forum and Action Canada for selection as the 2020/21 cohort.