Last updated on October 26th, 2019 at 06:52 pm
Graduate Research Scholarships that provide a stipend as well as fee offset are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as completion of a degree at the same level of the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
Australian / domestic student/International student
Stipend and fee offset scholarships
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $30,600 per year pro rata (2019 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of having submitted your course application.
31st October, 2019
More PhD Vacancies
- · 24 PhD Positions at Delft University of Technology
- · 11 PhD and Postdoctoral Vacancy at University of Helsinki
- · 14 PhD Position at University of Amsterdam
- · 20 PhD Position at University of Luxembourg
- · 31 PhD Fellowship at GSSI, Italy
- · 19 PhD Vacancies at University of Copenhagen
- · 28 PhD Position at Lund University
- · 40 PhD Fellowship at Paris
- · 13 PhD position at University of Leiden